It is Sunday, week 5 of the local "biggest loser" competition...and I am ready to ROCK!
Last week had some really up and down days, a couple of times I really went off the clean eating path, but the difference now is I pick myself back up sooner. One overindulgent meal doesn't spell total devastation to healthy eating for the following 3 days. I also know an off day won't undo the incredible amount of work that I have put in so far. I start this week with a challenge to myself to do even better than the best i've done so far. People are starting to say "have you lost weight?" that feels great!!! I had a brief discussion today with Bret (a trainer at the gym) about the "mental" challenge of fitness/athletics. This challenge is so much a mental one. I have to learn new habits, break old ones, replace food rewards with something else, and since not all the success is showing on the scale, I need other markers of success to spur myself forward. I keep detailed records of my workouts so that I can gage my progress, maybe it's lifting 5lbs more or just one more rep than last time, but there must be a reward more than just numbers on the scale. The beastly "Jacob's Ladder" is a great example, as in week one I could last 55 seconds, I am up to a personal best of 3:15. My cardio has improved greatly. I like evidence!!! My clothes continue to fit more loosely as well and I can see a different shape to my body. I have a very specific idea of the results I hope to see in the summer and how active I plan to be. I also know I feel differently about food and it isn't creating the emotional turmoil it did only weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment