Today was the first day of my new 5 week program. Totally different approach. This program is a circuit: two supersetted weight exercises then 2 minutes of hard cardio (treadmill, skipping, butt kicks, jumping jacks etc.). It was challenging and I was dripping with sweat. I am also approaching my eating more strictly, I am tracking my calories and keeping under 1600. If I keep this up consistently I should see some change.
THE SCALE
I have decided that I will weigh in and check my weight in 8 days. Monday the 21st. It has been a few weeks and I really want to know where I stand. I still have a goal to lose 20lbs and my pace was 1lb a week. I am hoping to double this rate. I have heard other women at the gym talk about issues with the scale and unrealistic expectations. Jim Wendler of EliteFitness talks about people wanting fast results and thinking about 8weeks or 12 weeks to a new physique, but really as far as fitness goes you need to focus on your goals for the next 52 weeks and longer.
The main reason I joined this contest was the hope that is would be a catalyst for change and a commitment that would be long enough to form some new habits in both diet and exercise.
Week 5 is winding up, here's to week 6!
No comments:
Post a Comment