It is Friday, Feb. 4 and it has been almost a month since the beginning of the "biggest loser" competition. We have an opportunity to weigh in again on Monday, but at least for the time being I'm going to skip weighing in. I can see how much that affects my attitude and since I am seeing great changes in strength, cardio, and the fit of my clothes, the shapes of my body even, I am going to hold out until the next weigh in. This contest is at least 15 weeks long so my first competitive strategy is just to last the whole time with my plan...consistency will pay off. I also had a real roller coaster of a week, somewhere between hormones and a hard place, Tuesday I worked out the best I could, but felt like a 90 year old, I was sore from head to toe and just feelin' like crap!!! Two days and a trip to the chiropractor later I was gung ho again. Another piece of evidence was my work on the Jacob's Ladder....at the beginning of the competition I could do 55 seconds and I was gassed out!!! Yesterday I managed 3:15 and felt great. Yesterday was also Chinese New Year and I enjoyed a lunch out with my family and friends, I ate well but not in the "binge, cause tomorrow you need to start starving" kind of way...a reasonable portion with lots of veg. Being consistent 90% of the time allows me to enjoy a good treat.."once in a while"..without mental stress.
I am really proud of the work I've put in the last 4 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment