Today will be two weeks since the fitness challenge started...I haven't weighed myself, but my clothing is getting looser and I feel leaner especially in the waist. When I get to the gym today I will get a weight. Whatever it is I remind myself that this a long and permanent journey. I also read that this (the third week of January) is when most people give up on their new years resolutions.
Workout
My priorities in these beginning stages are fat loss and building strength, especially in the upper body...I am working out 6x a week with a 3 day routine provided by Sheldon Ronnie. The new workout cured some boredom I had with my old routine, it really isolates muscles and uses equipment I was unfamiliar with, so my confidence at the gym has increased as well. So far I find the gym has a very supportive environment and Jenny and Sheldon seem genuinely hopeful for my success!
Jack
I also read that Jack Lalanne passed away...96 years young...the important thing to remember is that he reached the end feeling great all the way rather than hunched over with chronic pain, and withered muscles...he is more than a little inspiring.
No comments:
Post a Comment