The Restaurant
Friday nigh,t after an excellent week of eating, we met with friends in the city for dinner. This went great because the restaurant (the Keg) had great choices for me and the friends were health conscious and watching what they ate. They weren't gobbling greasy starters and gooey desserts. I had a great Thai sweet chili chicken breast and steamed asparagus...I couldn't quite finish in fact and I treated myself with wine to drink(as well as two generous glasses of ice water). The fun conversation and grown up evening without kids were a reward, as opposed to food being the ultimate reward every time I leave home for a day. I had a skinny latte afterwards and considered that dessert (150 calories). My clothes continue to feel roomier as well.
This morning I woke up sooooooore from the waist down, quads, hamstrings, butt!!! A good sore! And I was freakin' tired. This, combined with a dump of snow, made Saturday a day off from the gym. I will go for a walk on my treadmill and do some yoga stretches for my lower body. I posted my beloved cottage cheese pancake recipe on facebook and people jumped on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment